GATE 2018 Login – Online Registration Procedure @ appsgate.iitg.ac.in :
GATE 2018: Online Application Procedure : The Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) 2018 to be conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology gauhati for the upcoming session. The registration procedure has already begun. The eligible candidates must apply through the official website from September 1st. Stay tuned here for Gate Result
To know how to apply for GATE 2018, the candidates must follow the steps mentioned below:
Filling in Application Online
1. GOAPS: GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS website) has the web address
It can also be accessed from the website of the respective Zonal GATE Offices or from the website of the GATE 2017 Organizing Institute.
2. Registration: A candidate must first register by providing a valid email address, mobile number and a GOAPS password. All communications from the GATE Offices will be sent to this email address (ONLY ONE PERSON CAN REGISTER WITH ONE e-mail ADDRESS). Give your personal mobile number because most of the communications may also be sent via SMS.
GOAPS Password: The candidate chooses a password during Enrollment at GOAPS. This password must be remembered along with the GOAPS Enrolment ID to login to GOAPS. It is strongly encouraged to choose a password that cannot be guessed easily (it should not be the candidate’s name, date of birth, or some easily guessable string of numbers or letters like 12345 or abcd).
3. GOAPS Enrollment ID: Upon registration, an email containing the GOAPS Enrolment ID will be sent to the candidate.
4. Data Requirement for Application Filling: The following data will be required while filling the form at GOAPS.
- a) Personal information (name, date of birth, your personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, etc.).
- b) Address for Communication (including PIN code),
- c) Eligibility degree details
- d) College address, PIN code of college,
- e) GATE paper, choice of GATE examination cities,
- f) High quality image of your photograph conforming to the requirements specified in Section 188.8.131.52, along with what type of photograph is accepted (Section 184.108.40.206).
- g) Good quality image of your signature conforming to the requirements specified in Section 220.127.116.11.
- h) Scanned copy of Degree Certificate or Certificate from Principal/HODs in pdf format.
- i) Scanned copy of Category/PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format.
- j) Details of a valid ID Proof that you will carry to the examination hall.
- k) Your net-banking details.
5. Application Filling: The GOAPS allows you to enter data, “Save” partially filled form, “Logout”, and resume filling in by logging in again. The GOAPS portal is self-explanatory and user-friendly. Online help about using GOAPS is also available.
6. Before you make the payment, you will be shown a “Preview” of your application, where you have to carefully check for any errors.
7. Once you press “Confirm and Final Submit” button, no further changes to the application can be made by you.
8. For online payment follow the instructions given in Section 4.4.3 for payment options.
9. Problems in Login into GOAPS –In case of forgotten user ID or password, follow instructions on the GOPAS portal to retrieve them.