Gate 2018 Notification: Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati (IITG) has announced Gate Notification pdf, application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Dates, Pattern, Syllabus, Registration details and many other information at official website, gate.iitg.ac.in. Let’s go through below article to know about GATE 2018 notification.
GATE 2018 Notification PDF, Exam Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Pattern @ gate.iitg.ac.in
This year 2018 Gate Exam’s and results are organising by Gate IITG (Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati). If you need any information officially then check out gate.iitg.ernet.in.
Gate 2018 Notification Out
GATE 2018 notification will be released in the month of July 2017. The notification will include Eligibility criteria, exam dates, exam pattern, application date, Registration filling procedure, Fee details, syllabus, previous years question papers, name of the GATE organising institution and other important details about GATE 2018 available in Gate Notification 2018. Candidates who are interested to know about the gate notification check below, we are also providing gate notification in pdf mode also which we are providing notification is not official. We will update this pdf after official iitg web portal gate 2018 notification is releases the official notification.
GATE 2018 Important Dates:
GATE 2018 exam dates will be declared the notification will say’s gate 2018 examination is held on 3rd, 4th and 10th, 11th February, 2018. Candidates may check dates below.
|Commencement of Online Application Form||September 01, 2017 (Friday)|
|Last Date of Application Form Submission||October, 5th, 2017 (Thursday)|
|Last Date to request for change in examination city||November, 17th, 2017 (Friday)|
|Admit Card Availability||January, 5th, 2018 (Friday)|
|GATE 2018 Exam Date||3rd, 4th & 10th , 11th Saturday & Sunday of February 2018|
|Answer Key Released On||Within a few days after examination|
|Result Declaration||March 17, 2018 (Saturday)|
|Downloading of Score Card Begins||Last week of March 2018 to Last week of May 2018|
|Counselling Commence||Second week of April 2018|
GATE Registration Details 2018
The brief details of GATE Registration is given below:
- All the candidates have to apply online only.
- GATE registration 2018 will be started from the first week of September 2017.
- The registration will be end till the first week of October 2017.
- The authority will provide a period of approx one month for the application process.
- Aspirants have to fill GATE 2018 application form through GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS).
- Candidates have to register as a “New User”.
- After successful registration, they will get the access to GOAPS.
- Thereafter, they are required to login using GOAPS Enrollment ID and GOAPS Password.
- While filling the application form, students need to upload scanned photograph, signature, thumb impression, degree certificate or category certificate.
- International candidates are also eligible to apply.
- GATE 2018 will be conducted in Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka and United Arab Emirates.
- Application procedure for international candidates is same as Indians.
- International candidates must possess a valid passport to apply.
Gate 2018 Exam Registration Fee
Candidates can pay the application fee via Net banking, debit card or e-challan. GATE 2018 registration fee details is given below:
|Women Candidates||Rs. 750/-|
|SC/ST/PwD Candidates||Rs. 750/-|
|All Other Candidates||Rs. 1500/-|
|GATE International Candidates||US Dollars 50|
GATE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check GATE eligibility criteria. In order to fill the GATE application form 2018, students should have any one of the qualification as mentioned below:
|Qualification Required||Description about the Qualifying Degree||Status of the Degree||Year of Passing|
|B.E./B.Tech/B.Pharm||4-years B.Tech (after 10+2) in any stream or 3-years B.Tech lateral entry (after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology). Final year candidates may also apply.||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|B.Arch||5-years bachelor’s degree in Architecture||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|B.Sc. Research/B.S.||4-years Bachelor’s degree in Science (post-diploma or after 10+2)||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|M. Sc./M.A./MCA orequivalent||Master’s degree in Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in final year or completed||2018|
|Int. M.E/M.Tech(Post-B.Sc.)||4-years Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering / Technology||Presently in 2nd/3rd/4th year or completed||2010|
|Int. M.E./M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||5-years Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology||Currently in 4th/5th year or completed||2019|
|Int. M.Sc/Int. B.S.-M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. or Five year integratedB. S./M. S. program||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|Professional Society Examination equivalent to B.Tech/B.E./B.Arch||B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers India)||Completed section A or equivalent of such professionalcourses||NA|
Note: International candidates should have completed Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Post-graduate (M.Sc.) degree in any relevant science subject.AT the time of filling the application form, students have to upload their proof of qualification eligibility. Students who have passed the qualifying degree in 2017 or before are required to submit the degree certificate/provisional certificate while the other candidates have to upload certificate from Principal/head of the institution.
Gate 2018 Exam Pattern
The detailed GATE 2018 exam pattern is given below:
Course: GATE is conducted for M.Tech./Ph.D. programme in IITs , IISc and various other institutions.
Number of Papers: GATE 2018 is held for total 23 papers. Candidates are allowed to appear in only one of the 23 papers.
Mode of Examination: The examination mode will be online only (CBT).
Exam Duration: The examination duration will be 3 hours.
Number of Questions: Total 65 questions of maximum 100 marks will be asked in GATE 2018.
Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) & Numerical Answer Type Questions (NAT) will appear in GATE examination. For MCQ, 4 choices will be provided while there will be no options provided for NAT. Students are required to enter the real number in Numerical Answer Type Questions with the help of virtual keypad.
Section Common in All GATE Papers: General Aptitude (GA) section is common in all papers. It will contain total 150 questions of maximum 15 marks (5 questions of 1 mark and 5 questions of 2 marks).
New Section: In the paper of XE, new section (H) namely Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences has been included from the year 2017.
Marking Scheme: MCQ and NAT questions will carry 1 or 2 marks in all papers.
Negative Marking: There will be a negative marking of 1/3 marks for the questions carrying 1 mark. Likewise, for questions carrying 2 marks, 2/3 marks will be deducted. No negative marking for Numerical Answer Type questions.
Exam Pattern For All Papers Except GG, XE, XL:
- 25 questions of 1 mark each.
- 30 questions of 2 marks each.
- 10 questions from GA.
Exam Pattern For Paper GG:
- Part A – 25 questions of 1 mark each. This part is common for all candidates.
- Part B – 30 questions of 2 marks each. This part has two sections, section-1 is of Geology and section-2 is of Geophysics.
- 10 questions from GA.
Exam Pattern For Paper XE:
- Section A – Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory Section) – Total 11 questions will be asked. 7 questions of 1 mark each and 4 questions of 2 marks each. It is common to all candidates.
- Any two of XE sections from B to H – 22 questions. 9 questions carrying 1 mark and 13 questions carrying 2 marks.
- 10 questions from GA.
Exam Pattern For Paper XL:
- Section P – Chemistry (compulsory section) – It contains total 15 questions (5 questions of 1 marks and 10 questions of 2 marks).
- Any two of XL sections Q to U – Total 20 questions (10 questions of 1 mark each and 10 questions of 2 marks).
- 10 questions from GA.
Gate 2018 Exam Syllabus
It is known that GATE is held for 23 papers. Syllabus for each discipline is different. For an effective preparation, it is important to know each and every topic from where the questions will be asked. It is hard to describe the complete syllabus of GATE in few lines. However, the students can download the official PDF of GATE 2018 syllabus for AE, AG, AR, BT, CE, CH, CS, CY, EC, EE, EY, XE, GG, IN, MA, ME, MN, MT, PE, PH, PI, TF and XL.
If we want to know more of any thing then, please ask us through comment section below.